Dodecamodule Model 212
The Dodecamodule Model 212 allows even the smallest Electric Music Box
system to incorporate the sophistication and diversity of function formerly
available only in large studio systems.
Model 212 integrates the following 12 functions into one compact module:
- A low-noise preamplifier for amplifying signals from microphones and
instrument pickups. Gain is 35 dB; input impedance is 1 mega-ohm; connector
is standard phone.
- Noise source
- A source of unpitched noise with high (+3 dB/octave) and low (-3 dB/octave)
- Envelope detector
- Generates a control voltage proportional to applied signal amplitude.
Output pulse and indicator are activated when input signal level exceeds
- Stored random voltage
- A source of unpredictable control voltage that changes when a pulse
is applied. Probability distribution (over control voltage range) is flat;
correlation is zero.
- Random voltage source
- A source of continuously changing random voltage with a modified Gaussian
probability distribution and voltage-controlled spectral bandwidth (probable
rate of change).
- Balanced modulator
- Voltage-controlled, balanced modulator enables continuous transition
from unmodified to amplitude-modulated and ring-modulated signals. Unit
features exceptionally low distortion (.5%) and high carrier rejection
- Voltage-controlled filter
- A voltage controlled bandpass filter with processing inputs for both
center frequency and bandwidth. Center frequency range is from 30 Hz to
15 kHz; bandwidth range is from 1 semitone to 4 octaves. Unit has modulation
input, resonance control, exceptionally low noise and high dynamic range.
- A nice, simple 3-input mixer.
- Headset driver
- Five-watt stereo amplifier for driving headsets or low-level monitor
- Triple envelope generator
- Three pulse-activated envelope generators with variable attack and
decay times and a choice of sustained or transient operation. Pulse outputs
permit cascade or feedback modes. Range of attack and decay times is from
.001 to 10 seconds.
- Triple lopass gate
- Three voltage-controlled gates with selectable amplitude-dependent
- Output amplifier
- Stereo output section for final mixing and line driving. There are
3 inputs, each with gain, stereo location, and reverberation controls.
One each of these parameters is voltage-controlled for enhance flexibility.