Dual Oscillator Model 258
Two independent voltage-controlled oscillators, continuously tunable
from 5 Hz to 20 kHz. Each has two processing inputs and a frequency modulation
input. Waveshapes as well as frequency can be voltage controlled. Model
258 oscillators feature low sine wave harmonic content, negligible settling
error, and high short and long-term stability, even with rapidly changing
Controls and I/O
- Processing inputs
- Two processing control inputs permit multiple control of pitch without
need of separate external processor.
- Processing controls
- Used to set desired range of frequency control. Expansion, compression,
and inversion of scales are accomplished here.
- Frequency modulation control
- For adjusting vibrato depth or creating clangorous or bell-like tones,
rich in non-harmonic partials.
- Signal amplitude is +4 dB. Output impedance is 600 ohms.
- Oscillator frequency control
- Spans the audio spectrum of 5 Hz to 20 kHz with no range switching.
(Applied control voltages can extend limits to .1 Hz and 30 kHz.)
- Waveshape control input
- Waveshapes can be varied from sine to saw (osc 1) and sine to square
(osc 2). Voltage control of waveshape enables powerful dynamic control